Zahnfabrik Bad Nauheim and her history
The tradition of Zahnfabrik Bad Nauheim dates back to the year 1890 when Josef Hoddes, DDS the founder of Zahnfabrik passed his Doctorate in dental Sciences at the Univerity of Leipzig, Germany. His thesis: New Aspects on Dentures”. Conseuently he developed the use and function of artificial teeth and the mass-production of teeth. He himself and the dental profession in and around the City of Bad Nauheim used his products. The humble beginnings were an anterior tooth made from porcelain – the Tradename NATURA™ was soon well established. A compatible posterior was invented /”nature is our guide”!) during 1899 to 1901. 1928 a quantum leap came with the first vacuum fired porcelain tooth that was second to none.
The relevance of acrylics and the importance for dental materials with acrylic raisin lead after many years of research to the first (1936) developed acrylic tooth. In the middle of the 1940ies Zahnfabrik started with crosslinked and nature-like fluorescent acrylic teeth after the porcelain teeth had been fluorescent for many years already.
The latest development comprise the multifunctional posterior “Orbital”, again the result of many years of research together with leading German universities. In the years 2010 to 2013 the especially abrasion resistant Luxopal CLH was offered to dentistry.